AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Good Day

Beautiful day. Pink cherry tree blossoms exploding. Sidewalks carpeted in dogwood petals. Air smells green and hopeful. Pain is a whisper I have to really listen for if I want to notice it.

Richard greets me at the back door as I return from yoga class. He smiles like he's a five year old kid and I'm a chocolate ice cream cone. We talk about what kind of wine to bring to a barbecue tonight.

Today is a good day for me.

How would you describe what a good day is like for you?

2 comments:

Young Wife said...

What a great post!

A good day for us is when David feels well enough to go to the movies, a ball game or out on his parents' pontoon boat. It's pretty rare, but summer is his easiest season, so hopefully we'll see good days more frequently in the next few months.

michael said...

Hi Its quite funny that your post "a good day" was posted on my birthday. I find you can tell straight away if it is going to be a good day or not. Things will go well or not so well, even before breakfast.