AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Friday, April 3, 2015

Sometimes It Takes A Dog

It's been too long since I've posted anything on this blog.

I've been slowly, too slowly, creeping out of a pain relapse that started four months ago.  I can just about see blue sky over the rim of the crater I've been in.

When I'm having a relapse, well, everything relapses.  Including writing blog posts.

It took a few doses of intermittent pain relief and hope, plus finding this amazing video that says so exquisitely what needs to be said about the power of love between partners and the consuming agony of loss to return me to writing.



Wiley lives at Lockwood Animal Rescue Center, a sanctuary for wolf-dogs.  Wiley barely escaped death at an animal control facility before arriving at Lockwood.  Wiley is now part of a program where he provides support and therapy to war veterans.

No comments: