Even during the first year of my condition when I was at my worst with pain levels of 8 - 12 on the 1-10 scale, I could always settle down on Sunday nights from 9:00pm - 10:00pm to watch the Sopranos. I got so immersed in the characters and the stories and even the violence, that I was able to mute my own pain.
Distractions are wonderful. They are little islands of respite. They are the breath between the spasms.
- Comedy: Blazing Saddles, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, The Life of Brian, Annie Hall
- Musical: West Side Story
- Western: McCabe and Mrs. Miller
- Mystery: Sleuth, The Usual Suspects, Mulholland Drive
- Foreign Film: Les Enfants du Paradis (Children of Paradise)
- Action: any James Bond film with Sean Connery
- Drama: The Godfather, part 1, Cool Hand Luke
- Science Fiction: Blade Runner, The Day the Earth Stood Still (the original), 2001
- Animation: Fantasia
- Film Noir: Double Indemnity
- Zombie: Shaun of the Dead
- Twisted & Dark: Dr. Strangelove, Donnie Darko