But I do want to share my list of what I am indeed thankful for. Here goes:
- The medications I hate to take but am hugely grateful for.
- Friends who know when I'm not doing so well and don't ask how I'm feeling but just text me: "I'm thinking of you."
- Television. And On Demand, Netflix, Hulu, Tivo. Particularly Homeland and Spaced.
- Crap mysteries - books and British TV shows
- Dried fruit, since I'm no longer eating sugar.
- The flaming red leaves on the Japanese maples in my neighborhood.
- Missing my dog, who passed away five years ago.
- My book (In Sickness As In Health: Helping Couples Cope with the Complexities of Illness) which is coming out in January
- My dear family and friends.
- And more than anything in the universe, my husband, Richard, whose love and selfless support keep me breathing.